[Campus-morris-staff] follow up

Nic McPhee mcphee at morris.umn.edu
Wed Oct 9 15:54:36 UTC 2013

I'm happy to be "Nic M" or my full name and link (
http://facultypages.morris.umn.edu/~mcphee/) if you wish. Really don't care.

The group I did Git with really wanted to be able to pull down to their
fork the other students' changes pushed up through the pull requests. This
is a bit more sophisticated as it requires setting up remotes and pulling
from them, but I imagine it's a thing that people often want to do.

I worked with Emma C, who was able to show that a performance issue in the
SVG Editor didn't seem to exist anymore, and that a patch for that editor
didn't resolve another bug even though it was claimed to do so. Emma had
some trouble figuring out how to run things at first, but we got that
resolved fairly quickly. She also needed a "big" SVG document (lots of
components) to check one of the issues and we never did find a very good
document to test on.

I also worked with ultimately 3 people (Katie and two others whose names
escape me) on the documentation issues for bar charts. My memory is that
they struggled some to figure out how to download and run things, and now I
don't really remember where that ended up.

I assume Andrew would like to plug the Open Source Club. Andrew – you might
also put in a plug for the dojos since those seem to be running steadily
now.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!