[Campus-morris-staff] writing a guest post for the OpenHatch blog

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:16:57 UTC 2013

Hello lovely people of Morris!

I hope that as the end of the semester nears you're doing well and not too
overloaded with tests and papers to
write/take/grade/stay-up-all-night-working-on.  (Or for those of you out in
the so-called "real world", that you're not too overloaded with holiday
parties and thematic cookies.  That would be terrible.)

I'd love to chat with you soon about your plans to continue helping the
young people of Morris get involved in open source, and how OpenHatch can
help you with that, but I'm actually writing for a different reason.

We're running a fundraising campaign this month to help support OpenHatch
in 2014.  As part of that, we're planning on having a number of guest blog
posts from people who've worked with us and still seem to like us at least
a little.  We'd love it if you (collectively, or as one or two individuals)
talked about your experience with Open Source Comes to Campus!  The Morris
event was one of the best we've ever had, in no small part thanks to you
all.

Does that sound like something any of you could do?  We're open to pretty
much any format - a single person summarizing their experiences or talking
about their hopes for the future, an interview format (we could provide
some questions), a collection of short reflections from a bunch of you...
whatever you most prefer.

We'd hope to run the post sometime between the 10th and 19th.  (Sorry for
the late notice.)  Let me know if you're interested!

best,
Shauna