[campus-JHU-staff] Preparing for tomorrow: Tasks

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Sat Sep 15 02:42:18 UTC 2012

Asheesh,

* Asheesh Laroia (asheesh at asheesh.org) wrote:
> https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/JHU/Tasks

I went ahead and added a few things under a PostgreSQL heading to that
page.  Hope you don't mind, but the list seemed a bit sparse.  Whatever
works is great, of course.

> This is a list of good first tasks for attendees that I'm
> hand-picking. I'll be going through and identifying+organizing more
> tasks tonight, but if you have an open source project that you think
> the dev environment setup time is 30 minutes or less, and the bug
> fixing time is 10 minutes to 2 hours, then that could be a really
> good fit.

It's not quite 'bug fixing', but I definitely think that a patch review
for PostgreSQL can be done in 10 minutes to 2 hours and is a great first
introduction to working with the PostgreSQL community.  I'm happy to
help with that process as well, of course.

See you tomorrow!

	Thanks!

		Stephen