[Campus-hartnell-staff] planning another Open Source Comes to Campus event for the fall

Katie Cunningham kcunningham at csumb.edu
Mon Oct 6 22:01:57 UTC 2014

Hi Shauna,

Thanks so much for engaging with Sathya about the one credit course idea. I
completely understand the trepidation about the level of commitment :)

I would love to do an OSCTC event in November, if you are still interested.
If it's too late I completely understand. If you think there is still time,
I am more than happy to make it work.

We are no longer requiring students in our cohort programs to attend any
Saturday workshops, but I believe many students will be very enthusiastic
about this event. I think the only question before jumping into planning is
whether this should be a "standard" OSCTC event, or whether it should be
more focused on beginners. While I was originally thinking of having this
event more geared towards beginning students, I don't strongly feel that
way anymore. I think that both interested first and second year students
can do well with the standard OSCTC curriculum.

Best,
Katie