[Campus-hartnell-staff] planning another Open Source Comes to Campus event for the fall

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:18:18 UTC 2014

Hi Sathya,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  I think that right now we
just can't commit to doing this - I'm the only one who could reasonably
take it on, and I'm on the wrong coast and pretty busy already.  It's
possible that we'll make some decisions for 2015 that would facilitate
this, in terms of staffing and priorities, but we're just starting to have
those conversations.

If you'd still like to run a course like this, even without us teaching it,
we can try to reach out through our network of volunteers and colleagues to
see if anyone could lead it.  And we're definitely up for helping anyone
who does take this on develop their approach.

Thank you so much for the invitation!  It means a lot to us and we'd love
to keep brainstorming ways to add open source to the school's community and
curriculum.

best
Shauna