[Campus-hartnell-staff] Mentor recruitment and backgrounds

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Nov 14 21:45:47 UTC 2014

re: driving: Noah, if you don't want to take your car, we can take a
ZipCar. I just chatted with China and there's some chance we can join
them. I'll look into the ZipCar option.

re: mentor responsibilities: I assigned "Introduction / Open Source
Communication Tools" to myself, for what it's worth!

re: timing: I hope/plan to arrive at 9:45am, since per
http://hartnell.openhatch.org/ things start at 10:30am and it's nice
to have some headroom.

re: "Contributions Workshop": Right now, the only project we have on
the list is OpenHatch itself, which if that's how it stays, well, OK.
I'll spend a bunch of time tonight on making sure we have a number of
great bugs filed for students to look into.

If instructors would work through the Contributor Guide at
http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting_started/getting_started.html
then you'll have a head-start when students start asking you
questions.

Note also that there are other great + easy projects to work on.
http://mergestories.com/about.html +
https://github.com/openhatch/oh-contribution-stories could also be
very fun for students.

See you all soon! Let me know if people have more questions generally
or for me specifically.