[Campus-hartnell-staff] odds and ends

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 21:07:06 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

A couple minor thoughts:

#1 Sticky notes: We use the sticky note method for keeping track of who
gets stuck.  You can read more about it here: <
http://software-carpentry.org/workshops/operations.html#feedback>.  Can
someone make sure to pick these up before the event?  The sticky notes can
also be used for feedback.  If you can ask students to write one thing they
liked about the event and one thing that could be improved, as they leave,
that’s a easy way for us to learn about what works and what doesn’t.

#2 Because we’re running 5 events on Saturday, #openhatch will get pretty
crowded.  We strongly, strongly recommend introducing students to two
channels - #openhatch, so they can interact with the larger community, and
#openhatch-hartnell (a temporary channel) so that they don’t get lost in
the noise.  We’ll be keeping track of irc channels here:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/openhatch-irc-channels

It looks like there's still a lot of unclaimed responsibilities here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cbgd5T0ebMPOPjuIUbTrxdK3yI-2a35lXtGoxF04c2A/edit

If folks are finding this workflow difficult to interact with, please let
me know!  :)  We're always looking for ways to improve.

best
Shauna