[Campus-hartnell-staff] Mentor recruitment and backgrounds

Katie Cunningham kcunningham at csumb.edu
Mon Nov 3 01:29:54 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have recruited several mentors with various backgrounds and I wanted to
send out an update on that info. I think we will be very well-mentored!

*Mentors I’ve recruited:*

   - *Emily Lovell* - PhD student in Computer Science Education at UC Santa
   Cruz
   - *Ryan Compton* - PhD student in Human-Computer Interaction at UC Santa
   Cruz, attended the OSCTC event last semester.
   - *Chris Essert* - Attendee at a talk I gave in Salinas on compiler
   basics last month. I was impressed at how much he knew about compilers
   (more than me!) and decided to invite him to this event.
   - *China Wang* - Developer at ThoughtWorks in SF. Indicated solid git
   skills on survey.
   - *Stephen Robinson* - China’s boyfriend (That’s all I know :)
   - *Chas Leicher* - has confirmed to me personally, but hasn’t filled out
   the form yet. Developer at Google, attended the OSCTC event last semester.
   Very solid git skills and some familiarity with OSCTC material. Needs ride
   from SF area.

I added these peoples’ email addresses to the list. I’m unsure if there is
an authorization step needed from Shauna.

*Mentors signed up who I didn’t recruit:*

   - *Noah Swartz* - looks like he has a lot of experience based on the
   survey, and I’m very happy to have him!
   - *Asheesh*

What’s the protocol for Noah? Have you reached out to him already Shauna,
or should I confirm with him / add him to the list?

More and more excited,
Katie