[Campus-hartnell-staff] [MENTORS] planning for Saturday

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu May 1 04:33:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 03:55:23PM -0400, Shauna Gordon-McKeon wrote:
> I've updated the "day of responsibilities" with times for each
> activity.  It would be great if all of our volunteer mentors could
> respond to this email and answer:

Not sure if I'm supposed to reply to just you or the list, but the list
is telling me to reply to the list...

> * Would you feel comfortable leading a small group of students through
> how to use git, by following our git activity?

Yes, I think I can manage this.

> * Would you be interested in being on the career panel/history and
> ethics panel?

Yes, I can help out with this.

> * Do you have an open source project that you maintain and/or would
> feel comfortable helping students contribute to?

Not particularly; I'm vaguely active in Debian but I'm not sure there's
a specific piece I'd point to as being an area I could help people get
involved with. I suppose I could provide some ideas about how to find
things, but it's not quite the same as being able to provide mentorship
in what they'd actually be contributing to.

J.

--
101 things you can't have too much of : 53 - Space.