[Campus-hartnell-staff] following up

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:25:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Katie Cunningham <kcunningham at csumb.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Shauna,
>
> I'm sorry for my very long response time! I was out sick for a while and
> finals always makes me a little crazy.

Totally okay.  Glad you're feeling better!

> The students planned an Open Beach Day for Friday, but they strongly want
> to do Open Source Day 10-~2pm on Saturday. So that will happen!

I'm so glad this happened!  You mentioned that folks found certain things
frustrating - I'd love to hear more about that so we can try to make things
less frustrating for them next time.

> I realize that it may be too late notice for your involvement, and that is
> totally okay. If it's not too late, having someone standing by would be
> awesome!

I wish I could have done more.  In the future, we can make sure to update
our tasks list, so that students have a fresh set of tasks to work on and
don't have to worry that an issue has already been solved.  (Although
checking whether an issue has already been solved is a useful skill to
have.)

> Now that classes are over, I have time to do a blog post! I will do it by
> the end of this week.

Wonderful!  There's no particular rush on the blog post - whenever is
convenient for you.  :)

~ Shauna