[Campus-hartnell-staff] A couple small questions about Drive files, Mail Merge

Katie Cunningham kcunningham at csumb.edu
Fri Apr 4 21:53:46 UTC 2014

Hello!

I am *so* excited for this event! I gave some more details to my students,
and they are also very excited. The word "contribution" was the highlight
for them. Thank you so much Shauna for the planning system---it's great to
have everything so clearly stated. And Asheesh, I'm really looking forward
to having you come down!

Shauna said I should send details about any inconveniences or issues with
the planning system, to help it improve. I have two things:

(1) On the Trello board, on the "Create publicity website" card, it says
"Start by going into your school's google docs folder.  In the "misc"
sub-folder is an template signup form." I think this is now in the "Forms +
Spreadsheets" folder. It would be nice if this specified whether I should
personalize the student sign up form, the mentor sign up form, or both.

(2) In the Mail Merge document, I don't see the additional "Mail Merge"
button on the top menu. It's possible that since I'm a part of a Google
Apps for Education network, new app scripts aren't added automatically...?
I've been looking for a standalone Mail Merge script I can add, but haven't
found it so far. I thought I'd ask if you have any advice. I can also share
the folder with my vanilla Gmail account and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again,
Katie Cunningham