[Campus-gmu-staff] MENTORS: please read

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:43:24 UTC 2014

Replying to the whole list in case my reply is useful:

1.  Yes - students install git (as well as do a few other things) at the
start of the day, during laptop setup:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Curriculum/Laptop_setup

2.  I agree, although I don't particularly want to enforce a "no goofy
nicknames" rule.  :)

3.  It sounds like maybe you'd be a good fit for the more advanced git
students, who'll likely speed through the activity and want to learn new
things.  You can teach them things like this.  Sound appealing?

4.  See #3.

Let me know what you think about leading the advanced git activity!

(And everyone else, I'd love to hear your responses to reading through the
mentor guide!)