[Campus-depaul-staff] running Open Source Comes to Campus events in Chicago this winter/spring

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 23:44:15 UTC 2015

Hello again,

My apologies for the duplicate emails, I know that some of you are on more
than one of the above lists.  I'm writing to see if any of you are
interested in hosting Open Source Comes to Campus events in the Chicago
area this winter/spring. We are happy to help you run as many events as you
are collectively interested in!  We'd be thrilled to run repeat events at
UIC, NEIU, De Paul, and/or to branch out to new schools or organizations.

I also wanted to let you know that we're moving from these mailman lists to
Discourse, which is a combined forum/mailing list.  I've created a Chicago
"chapter" here: http://discourse.openhatch.org/c/chapters/chicago

If you're interested in running an event, please join the forum and make a
new thread in the Chicago chapter category proposing an event.  There's a
template for such a thread, if you'd like one, here:
http://discourse.openhatch.org/t/about-the-chapters-category/21

If you don't want to organize an event but are interested in keeping track
of what's happening in the Chicago area so you can volunteer, offer advice,
or just be in the know, you can "watch" the Chicago chapter by signing up
to receive email notifications for the chapter.  To do so, click the circle
icon on the chapter page (for more detailed instructions/screenshots, see
here
<http://discourse.openhatch.org/t/welcome-to-the-open-source-comes-to-campus-forum/37>
).

best