[Campus-depaul-staff] next steps

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:07:02 UTC 2014

Taking a look at our Trello board (
https://trello.com/b/VQEguBXw/depaul-fall-2014) we have a few steps we
should take soon:

1) Create Budget: What our resources for this event, and what are our
expenses?  Expenses should be entirely or almost entirely food.  Food costs
are usually between $200 and $700 depending on size of event and quality of
food.  Massimo, were you able to get funding and, if so, how much?

2) Publicity: First step is the publicity website.  Sheila, did you end up
making this? Either way, we'll need a short-name for the domain -- how does
depaul.openhatch.org sound to folks?  Once the site's ready and we can
accept sign ups, we should start publicizing.  Massimo, do you have a list
of clubs, departments, etc, that you think we should advertise to?

3) Volunteers: Less pressing than #1 and #2, but worth working on.  Sheila,
you've found several people for the career panel.  Have you asked any of
them if they're interested in mentoring during the rest of the day?

best
Shauna