[Campus-depaul-staff] [MENTORS] welcome!

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:32:38 UTC 2014

Hello wonderful mentors,

Thank you so much for volunteering to help us out on Saturday.  I wanted to
touch base with you to see if you have any questions about the event on
Saturday, and also to ask if there are any parts of the workshop you would
like to lead or co-lead.

This guide talks about the different roles you can take at the event, as
well as provides some general guidelines for what makes for a good mentor:
http://openhatch.github.io/open-source-comes-to-campus/mentorguide.html

Sheila's already taken care of creating the career panel (thanks, Sheila!)
but we still need to figure out the following:

- Who wants to do the brief (10-minute) "what is open source" presentation?
(
http://openhatch.github.io/open-source-comes-to-campus/lessons/comm-tools/#/
)
- Who want to present the intro to communications tools presentation. (
http://openhatch.github.io/open-source-comes-to-campus/lessons/comm-tools/#/
)
- Who feels comfortable leading a small group through the git activity. (
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git/Instructors
)
- Who has a project they'd like to help students contribute to during the
last part of the day vs. who wants to "float" and help students.

Please let us know sometime in the next few days what you're interested in,
and again, feel free to ask any questions you've got.

best,
Shauna