[Campus-depaul-staff] next steps

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Oct 7 16:44:01 UTC 2014

When I forked the project to make our oh-depaul site, I edited the
curriculum schedule a little to have it start at 9:30 instead of later.

http://depaul.openhatch.org/curriculum/
and
http://depaul.openhatch.org/curriculum/short.html

Here is the repo that controls what we display. I'll follow the mailing
list discussion if there is any, and then I or someone who jumps on it
before I do, can do some PRs to update the schedule.

https://github.com/oh-depaul/oh-depaul.github.io

continued below

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>
wrote:
[...]

> *Schedule* - A sample curriculum is here:
> http://example-osctc-site.github.io/curriculum/  *Sheila and Massimo:* We
> should confirm now whether that's the schedule we want to follow, so that
> we can make sure mentors have a chance to look through it and that specific
> people are assigned to present/cover/lead different things.  If you want to
> make any changes, that's great, but we should do so while we still have
> time to prepare.

I'll be sure to email mentors soon to give them a link to the curriculum.

>   One thing that's worth considering: a significant chunk of students
> appear to be familiar with git.  If we've got a mentor who's comfortable
> with it, we can have an "advanced git" section where instead of doing the
> main activity they work through an advanced git tutorial together. [...]

This is a nice idea. If I can find someone who feels confident to lead this
activity I'm an enthusiastic +1.

shekay at pobox.com