[Campus-depaul-staff] next steps

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:45:26 UTC 2014

Hi folks, taking a look at the Trello board
<https://trello.com/b/VQEguBXw/depaul-fall-2014> this morning to see what I
can help push forward with.  We've got...

*Budget* - *Massimo* will hopefully hear back today or tomorrow re: if
DePaul will fund anything.

*Volunteer Recruitment* - It looks like we've got five people coming to the
day-of event, although it's not clear if all of them can stay the whole
day?  Plus Sheila, plus Massimo.  *Sheila*, can you confirm what our
numbers are at?  It seems like we might want a few more people, so let me
know and I can look for more people in the area.  (Quick question, *Massimo*:
does the space we've picked have any capacity constraints?)

*Schedule* - A sample curriculum is here:
http://example-osctc-site.github.io/curriculum/  *Sheila and Massimo:* We
should confirm now whether that's the schedule we want to follow, so that
we can make sure mentors have a chance to look through it and that specific
people are assigned to present/cover/lead different things.  If you want to
make any changes, that's great, but we should do so while we still have
time to prepare.  One thing that's worth considering: a significant chunk
of students appear to be familiar with git.  If we've got a mentor who's
comfortable with it, we can have an "advanced git" section where instead of
doing the main activity they work through an advanced git tutorial together.

- Shauna