[Campus-depaul-staff] food

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:24:25 UTC 2014

Hi Massimo,

(Using the mailing list, so other folks with this question can access the
answers.)

We have some recommendations with regard to food, which you can find here
<https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Logistics#How_do_we_order_food.3F>.
 Generally speaking, to feed 35-40 people it costs about $200-$250 if you
go the cheaper route (coffee, donuts, pizza) and more - $300-$500 - if you
want healthier food like fruit, veggies, sandwiches.  We recommend the
latter if you can afford it, but otherwise pizza is fine.

This is the main expense of a given event.  Is there a club or department
at DePaul who can cover it?  If not, we can look into company sponsorships
(companies sometimes line to sponsor specific events) or, in the worst case
scenario, OpenHatch can cover it.  (I say worst case because OpenHatch has
a limited budget for covering food and we try to reserve it for schools
like community colleges that are hardest to find funding for.)

~ Shauna