[Campus-cornell-staff] planning the event

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:03:31 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Is the WICC still interested in running this event?  If so, we should get
started with our planning.  The main things to get taken care of are
picking a date, finding a location, and working out the budget and funding
options for the event.

With regards to dates, the options right now are Saturday Oct 18th, Sunday
Oct 19th, Saturday Nov 15th and Sunday Nov 16th.  Do any of those work for
you?

For space, this checklist can help you pick a room:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Logistics/Space_Checklist

As far as budget goes, the event typically costs between $200-$700, which
is entirely for food costs - how much depends on the number of attendees
and what type of food you order.  Would WICC be able to cover this?  We may
be able to get company sponsors, if not.

best
Shauna