[alpha-announce] New portfolio editor, new design

Raphael Krut-Landau raphael at openhatch.org
Mon Nov 9 17:54:00 UTC 2009

Dear users,

Hi! Some news from OpenHatch, your friendly open source involvement engine:

Firstly, we are loving our new home in the beautiful neighborhood of West
Philadelphia!

Secondly, we've redesigned profiles and made them super easier to edit (we
hope).

Check out the portfolio editor: <http://openhatch.org/+portfolio/editor>.

Portfolio editor highlights:
* Manipulate data smoothly (publish, import, edit and delete data all in one
screen)
* Describe projects and how you're involved
* List as many involvement links per project as you like

Other changes 'round here:
* In profiles, you can click on people's interests and find similar people
(for example, Asheesh's profile links to people who also know
python<http://openhatch.org/search/people/understands/python>
)
* Lists of volunteer opportunities are always bookmarkable
* Fewer projects have the wrong icon
* We've fixed oodles of problems, although there are certainly more that we
don't know about -- tell us what's broken!
* Raffi now eats more cayenne

Please let us know what you like and what you don't! Even brief observations
are useful to us (sometimes immensely so, and they always make our lives
more fun).

Click your mouse button right here <http://openhatch.org> and try it out!

Best wishes,
--Raphael and Asheesh.

p.s. Coming next:
 - See bugs from a wider range of projects
 - Filter volunteer opportunities by project type (e.g., "music players")
and other criteria