[WMF-outreach-staff] Collating ways people can be productive, during Hackathon

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sun Jul 8 02:06:54 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Gregory Varnum's message of Sat Jul 07 16:11:38 -0400 2012:
> Documentation on MediaWiki.org?

If you read the specific tasks, they all aim to be quite concrete and use
verb phrases so people know exactly what they'd be getting into.

What's the suggested activity for "Documentation on MediaWiki.org" --
translating it, or reading it, or improving it?

I've been improving that page a lot today, so take a fresh look at the
other sample activities (especially "Play with templates", which is the
current best one) and that should give you more of a sense of what I mean.

I'm guessing that the verb phrase you were thinking was, Review the
MediaWiki documentation, and then we'd point them to a few existing docs
and ask them for commentary or improvements. I'll see if we can jam something
like that in!

But happy to hear other ideas, too, naturally.

-- Asheesh.