[WMF-outreach-staff] Collating ways people can be productive, during Hackathon

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Jul 7 19:15:58 UTC 2012

Hey all,

We have a lot of signups from people that want to be helpful
during the Hackathon but aren't very technical.

Luckily, Wikipedia needs them! (-:

I'm trying to collate ways people can be productive, grouped by
what skills they already have, on this page:

* http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hackathon/Draft

As I feel happy with the page, I'll merge into the main Hackathon
page.

Structure-wise, what we'll do is emphasize that page during the
opening ceremonies, and also have a table for beginners to emphasize
that they are very welcome to ask for help from people.

I wanted to get feedback from people here, too, about the contents
of that list. So far, for non-techies, I have the following tasks
I can think of:

* Improve a page within a WikiProject
* Respond to a Talk Page comment
* Fix up a page, per a category

Are there some Commons-related, or OSM-related, or GLAM-related tasks
that I can add to that?

I'll be adding more technical tasks to that shortly, too.

-- Asheesh.