[WMF-outreach-staff] Who wants to run a Git/Gerrit tutorial?

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Jul 7 06:34:26 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Roan Kattouw's message of Sat Jul 07 00:58:20 -0400 2012:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Sumana Harihareswara
> <sumanah at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > I actually only told them to apply for a Gerrit account.  I don't recall
> > encouraging participants to do the clone or the git-review installation
> > ahead of time, partly because people usually need help getting to that
> > point.
> >
> Oh, OK, I misunderstood, sorry about that.
>
> > Probably https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Tutorial#How_we_review_code .
> >
> Right.
>
> > There's a full video of one of the 2 Git sessions from Berlin up at
> > http://vimeo.com/45061944 in case you want to hear.
> Great, thanks. I'm downloading that video now, I'll probably watch it
> on the plane tomorrow.

In general, at OpenHatch events, we don't bother telling people to do setup
tasks before-hand. Instead, we make sure the event has time set aside for
it.

I'll be listening carefully here, and over the weekend will be adding
what you mention here to a self-driven setup process that I'll write up
on the wiki, and will get testers for during Sun and Mon. (Those on the
list can totally help with testing, at that stage!)

https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_6/Friday is a sample of
what those look like.

-- Asheesh.