[WMF-outreach-staff] Logistics so far (discussion continues in IRC)

James Hare james.hare at wikidc.org
Thu Jul 5 23:14:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I thought you should know I'm thinking aloud about the hackathon logistics
> here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/wmf-hackathon-schedule
>
> Some open questions for locals:
>
> * Which Marvin Center ballroom do we have?

Continental Ballroom, but that's the lounge. The Hackathon starts in
the Betts Theatre and then you move on to Rooms 307, 308, 310.

> * What does it take to get on the wifi?

The powers of Earth, Air, Wind, Water, and Heart. That, and logging
onto the gw_event network. There will be one username/password for the
entire conference to use.

> * How are going to handle power for ~100-200 people?

Power strips! And power strips! And power strips! At each table.

> * Is there going to be food? (Do I have a budget, and I have to pick how to
> spend it; or do you already have plans; or is there some existing food
> infrastructure within Wikimania, or ...?)

Catering is ALL SET.