[WMF-outreach-staff] Survey that I'll send out to all registered Developer Days people

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:51:22 UTC 2012

The skills questions are scary for the non-technical.

How about add "OpenStreetMap" or maps / geo as a skill?  wikimarkup? wiki
templates? bots? HTML?

For tutorials, we'll be doing something for OSM and making maps (TileMill,
Mapnik, etc.).  If you want, you can make them separate items, like
"OpenStreetMap editing" and "Making maps with open source tools".

Wiki Loves Monuments probably will also be a topic that people will work on
(including a mobile app, database, WordPress sites, wiki gadgets). Not sure
where to put that.

Cheers,
Katie

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Gregory Varnum <greg.varnum at gmail.com>wrote:

> Do we want to ask any questions about mobile or OSM?
>

> -Greg
>
> ____________
> Sent from my iPhone. Apologies for any typos. A more detailed response may
> be sent later.
>
> On Jul 2, 2012, at 3:36 AM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
>
> > Some of you who I was talking with on IRC know that there are,
> supposedly, 500 (!) people whose registration indicates they'll be at
> Wikimania during Developer Days.
> >
> > I plan to send this survey out to all of them, via a form email that
> pre-fills their name and email address.
> >

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEN5UDBCWXJINWdYM1RUYW84U29aVFE6MQ
> >
> > Feedback requested on the survey contents as well as the process.
> >
> > I'll do it about 12 hours from now, or later if it takes me more time to
> respond to feedback. My apologies on the delay in terms of getting this
> part of the process going. Looking forward to letting this adjust the
> planning.
> >
> > Katie, I especially want a "Yes, this looks OK" or "No, it's not (for
> some reason)" from you, if possible. Thanks!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > -- Asheesh.

Katie Filbert
Board member, Wikimedia District of Columbia
http://wikimediadc.org
filbertk at gmail.com
@filbertkm / @wikimediadc