[pydata-outreach-staff] Email to attendees with logistics and laptop setup

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 02:06:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> *nod*, I can scale back the promise to "we will try to accommodate you if
> you get back to us by $DATE_AND_TIME".

Feel free to add this to the RSVP sheet BUT only if you are willing to
put your name there as the "go-to" person for all things food.

I would LOVE to accommodate maximum preferences but I have to keep the
most important thing in mind: The main goal for me (and I suppose a
majority of the attendees) is Pandas. It is a Free (no-charge) event
so we are on a limited budget and it is entirely volunteer-driven
event. So unless there are more volunteers I dont have the band-width
for this.

> The sooner we can collect this information, the better off we are, in terms
> of likelihood that we can do it.

s/we/you. This is one thing I am not signing up for.  As I mentioned
above, Feel free to add this to the RSVP sheet BUT only if you are
willing to put your name there as the "go-to" person for all things
food.

> I appreciate the warning, and definitely want to hear the horror stories.
> Probably best reserved for an in-person conversation....

yes :)

> I do think it's definitely worth asking people before the event; if we have
> to disappoint people, it's if that we can tell them in advance so they can
> pack a lunch if we know we can't serve them something they can eat. Even if
> they hear from us the morning-of, that can be the difference between being
> able to make alternate plans, and not.

If you have decided what food options are available feel free to list
them on the wiki. That way people can see it for themselves.

I've summarized all this in a new email, so feel free to continue on
that thread.

Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com