[OSCTC-planning] Infrastructure changes

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Dec 16 21:07:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping to make a bunch of infrastructure changes over the next week or
> two. Asheesh and I started brainstorming on an etherpad here:
> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/openhatch-infrastructure
> [...]
>

> With regard to A: perhaps the place to start is with a canonical place
> that everything points to (and that points to everything else) that
> newcomers can be pointed to.  Have folks seen this done before/do you have
> intuitions about the best place to put this?  In the Github readme, perhaps?

Have a friendly landing page that is generated from readme?

   - For people who find you via github, they won't have to dig around to
   figure out the url to the content, it will be in the readme.
   - For people who do not know about github, they will have easy access to
   the content (and can find the repo from it).
   - The brand is not github.

shekay at pobox.com