[OSCTC-planning] Status of bugs for "projects time"

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Sep 4 23:19:55 UTC 2013

Update for Shauna, and others with their ear to the ground:

I went through the GDocs spreadsheet with bugs for OSCTC events and
cleared the "recentlyVerified" column, and checked on a few of those bugs,
and marked them as recentlyVerified and updated their descriptions. I also
deleted a few rows corresponding to old bugs that are now closed.

My goal is to add 3-5 solid tasks to that per day.

Context: During OSCTC, we have a few hours at the end that are "projects
time," where attendees try to submit patches to real open source projects.
To make this possible, OpenHatch volunteers and staff like Shauna and
myself go through bugs in open source projects that we think attendees
will be interested in, and make our own summary and detailed description
of the bug.

Right now, we're keeping track of hand-picked bugs here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHP1ey91UqPdC1EUFV4aXBETmY3bFBzTFhpdG1ISEE#gid=1

(If you don't have permission to edit that, let me know. I can also work
to explain the columns, as they may seem completely bizarrely arbitrary.)

Attendees view the data via this web app:

http://boston-summer-tasks.openhatch.org/

which works off a JSON file it creates which is a transformed version of
the GDocs spreadsheet. That is, it operates on a cached copy, so if you
update the spreadsheet, you must visit
http://boston-summer-tasks.openhatch.org/secret-refresh-tasks/ which will
take a while, and then print "Refreshed task data."

Source code to the app here: https://github.com/openhatch/new-mini-tasks

If anyone on this list is interested in helping out, we would in fact
love your help. (-:

-- Asheesh.