[OSCTC-planning] notes re: setting up Practicing Git repositories

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:52:56 UTC 2013

Asheesh wrote a script to automatically generate the github
orgs/repos/issues for our 'Practicing Git' projects.  Here are my notes on
changes to make:

In setup_practicing_git,the prompt "Now is a good time to go create 6
Github organizations, starting with 'rutgers-'." is not entirely clear (or
at least I don't think would be to someone who isn't you or me.  At least
add a, 'ie rutgers-1, rutgers-2'.)

Got an error on the next step, presumably is fixed forevermore:
http://pastebin.com/icTvriVP

Need to add getting ssh set up to the "before you start" section.

Bugs:
-- it didn't populate issues into rutgers-1, but did for rutgers-2 through
rutgers-6
-- include in instructions somewhere to edit github-website-editing-demo if
you want to change what's actually getting cloned (ie to reflect the event
itself)