[OSCTC-planning] Moving forward on specific projects to have bugs lined up for Princeton project time

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Wed Nov 20 05:43:42 UTC 2013

Hi all, and Shauna,

I wanted to report on my progress getting specific projects to offer
2-5 good bitesize bugs each lined up for the Princeton event. (This is
also known as "OpenHatch-affiliated projects". It's more than just
having bugs lined up; it's having the bugs be truly good for
newcomers, and having people from the projects be around during the
event, and having enough supporting documentation so that the bugs can
plausibly be solved.)

I have a "basically definitely yes" from MissKat on #dreamwidth-dev
for that project. (Also this is a person whom I had the pleasure of
meeting at conferences.)

I asked the SymPy folks on IRC.

I pinged the d3 maintainer by private email.

I asked the svg-edit people on their public mailing list.

I documented this on the spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHP1ey91UqPdGVDbmI4cnFOTmFEcUcwN3RiOTZMcUE#gid=0

Question for you Shauna:

I see "Thoughtworks" in the list. I am not sure what that refers to,
so I thought I'd ping to indicate that confusion.

Overall, thanks for making that spreadsheet. I will keep it updated as
things progress with these projects.

-- Asheesh.