[mpw-staff] post-IPW action items

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 03:34:27 UTC 2012

Hi, Jessica!

I've got a blog post of my own up now about the workshop:

http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/2012/04/indianapolis-python-workshop-for-women.html

... I could re-post it on OpenHatch, or we could post a short
summary-and-link there to my post and a post by Mel if she's going to
do one...

I'll write the OpenHatch list, too (though I think we should each give
our impressions).

Thanks again!

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Jessica McKellar
<jessica.mckellar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Mel and Catherine for making this event happen!
>
> Here are some post-workshop action items:
>
> 1. Please send me the receipts you have from this workshop, as well as your
> preferred method of reimbursement (PayPal account, address if you want a
> check, etc.). I'll forward them along to the PSF treasurer.
>
> 2. As part of being a PSF grant recipient, it is very helpful if you can do
> a write-up on the event somewhere. One fine place is the OpenHatch blog
> (http://openhatch.org), which is where I do the BPW write-ups. Ideally this
> write-up would mention the PSF grant. I'll then forward this information
> along to the PSF and the Outreach and Education Committee.
>
> Here's an example BPW
> write-up: https://openhatch.org/blog/2011/wrapping-up-the-5th-boston-python-workshop/
>
> If you'd like to use the OpenHatch blog, let me know and I'll get you
> blogging access.
>
> 3. It would also be helpful if you could send a note about the event to the
> OpenHatch events list (I usually just send a link to the blog post with a
> bit of context). This list is where a bunch of outreach events including BPW
> and PyStar Philly check in with each other.
>
> You can subscribe to this list and read the archives
> at http://lists.openhatch.org/mailman/listinfo/events
>
> I'll put the photos I took up somewhere soon.
>
> Best regards,
> -Jessica

- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com