[mpw-staff] Python Workshop Lunch - My Dietary Restictions

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 13:36:40 UTC 2012

Oh, argh!  Have we been promising lunch?  I tried not to put that in
any of our materials directly, simply because (though I really really
want to) - we don't have a sponsor for it.  I think we'll probably try
switching the company that offered childcare sponsorship to food, but
that won't be enough to cover it - being at the conference hotel
constrains us to use the hotel's food, which drives costs to
$12+/person.  More on all this shortly, I'll try to figure something
out.

- Catherine

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
>> Because you will be providing lunch and were thoughtful enough to ask
>> about dietary restrictions, you should know that I am wheat and corn
>> intolerant.
>

> Thanks, Ellie -- we'll make sure you won't go hungry. :) We may not be able
> to get a gluten/corn-free lunch for everybody, but we will make sure that we
> get a lunch for you (on the house!) on Saturday -- if you could remind us of
> this on Friday night when you come, so we can make sure we know where we'll
> be getting your lunch from the next day, that would be awesome.
>
> Cheers, and looking forward to having you next week!
>
> --Mel

- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com