[Events] welcoming newcomers to the PyCon sprints

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:29:36 UTC 2016

Hello OpenHatchlings!

PyCon is just around the corner, and I'm going to be running another "intro
to the sprints" workshop on Wednesday June 1st, from 4:30-6:30:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-open-source-the-pycon-sprints-tickets-22435151141

You are all welcome to attend, of course.  I'm also looking for volunteers
to lead mini-tutorials, be a helper/assistant for mini-tutorials, and to be
welcomers/mentors for newcomers at the sprints themselves.  If you're
interested in any of those things, please email me.

You can learn more about the sprints, and about the sprinting projects,
here:
https://us.pycon.org/2016/community/sprints/

best
Shauna