[Events] Requesting feedback on OpenHatch event bug set creator project

Elana Hashman elana at hashman.ca
Fri May 16 20:54:46 UTC 2014

Hi OpenHatchers!

I'm hoping you can provide some feedback on my Google Summer of Code
project.
It's a tool designed to help you!

I'm going to paste the email I've been sending to people as an RFC
below. You
may also want to check out issue978.

***

Hi $person!

I'm emailing you because Asheesh had indicated you might have some
interest in
my Google Summer of Code project. I'm working with OpenHatch on a web
tool to
hopefully make your life easier, so I'd like to ask for your feedback!

When you run newcomer-oriented sprints or hackathons for your project,
you
might use some tools for helping mentors identify good things for
attendees to
do, and some tools for letting attendees pick things by clicking
around. We're
working on making a tool that will be useful for you.

The technical nickname is a "bug set creator"; we want it to be useful
for
newcomer-oriented events and activities including but not limited to
OpenHatch's Open Source Comes to Campus. This will become a new section
of the
site, distinct from http://openhatch.org/search/, that allows a user to
assemble, save, and edit a hot list of bugs of interest. The idea is to
help
you, the user, to prep lists of tasks for attendees of in-person open
source
contribution events. You can learn more about it on my project blog:
http://hashman.ca/gsoc/pages/about.html

Therefore, I'd like to request some feedback on this initial design and
additional project requirements from you if you have the time.

The project design and design discussion can be found here:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/GSoC_2014/bug-set-creator  I've posted
mockup
sketches and a written workflow. I asked Shauna some explicit
questions, and
now that we have an overall design vision, I was hoping you could point
out
anything you think was missed or you would like to see in the final
product.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Even if you respond with
"everything looks
good!", that's still very helpful.

Cheers,

--