[Events] how to approach disengaged attendees

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 01:03:12 UTC 2014

Thanks for the addition, Julien.

I've moved the document to a markdown file on github:
https://github.com/openhatch/open-source-comes-to-campus/blob/master/logistics/mentors/guide.md

The relevant section is this one:
https://github.com/openhatch/open-source-comes-to-campus/blob/master/logistics/mentors/guide.md#approaching_students

Please feel free to keep changing the content and/or giving feedback,
either by submitting a pull request on github, leaving an issue on github,
or by emailing your feedback.

We're planning to take the general advice from the guide and turn it into
something that other event organizers can use.  Do folks have suggestions
for what format would be best for that?  Blog post, wiki page,
markdown-doc-in-github-repo, or something else?

Also: I would love to acknowledge those of you who have contributed
ideas/content/feedback, but didn't want to post full names without
permission. Julien, Sheila, Coral, Akkana, Sumana, Sarah - can I
acknowledge you on the document and if so, how would you like to be
credited (full names as show up on this list, links to websites, etc.)