[Events] how to approach disengaged attendees

Coral Sheldon-Hess coral at sheldon-hess.org
Fri Jan 24 16:57:32 UTC 2014

I don't have a manual to share, either (though if you put one together, I'd
love to see it!), but fwiw I always walk around the events where I'm a
mentor and ask "How's it going?" of individuals or small groups, rather
than "Do you need help?" It seems a little more neutral, a little less like
I'm suggesting the person's having trouble. Sometimes, confused people will
brush me off with "Fine," but sometimes it'll prompt them to tell me what
issues they're having.

--
Coral Sheldon-Hess
http://sheldon-hess.org/coral