[Events] Python outreach report, 2014-01-22

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Jan 23 08:04:31 UTC 2014

Things I did this past week:

* Had a planning conversation with Laura of PyLadies Dominicana. She's going to
be working to find co-organizers, and is interested in running a Boston Python
Workshop-style event in the next few months, though probably on a much smaller
scale as the user group is much smaller.

* Scheduled a conversation with Michelle of PDX Python.

Obstacles:

* The MIT Mystery Hunt took up basically all my time. I could have foreseen
this, but I didn't.

* I didn't have/make time to start getting in touch with the women PyCon
speakers I was mentioning earlier. For that reason, I've packaged-up the
research I *have* done so far, and asked my assistant to finish it to get
locations and emails so I can move forward on them more easily.

* Similar time issues for getting in touch with new user group organizers.

This week:

* Push forward on making sure PyCon speakers who are interested get connected
with a local Python user group, in terms of increasing diversity of speakers.

* Get back in touch with at least 3 promising user group prospects for
diversity-seeking workshop events.

It's been a bit of a short week. My apologies.