[Events] User groups grant weekly report 2014-01-02

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Jan 3 15:21:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> * It'd be nice if there were a clearer website for running a Boston Python
> Workshop-inspired event. That way, I can point prospective organizers at
> that. I realize that Jessica, you and I tried to make this about two years
> ago. Recently I have been thinking about trying again, based on my
> experience making http://campus.openhatch.org/ . Perhaps Jessica, you and
> I should figure out what the steps would be for making such a website, and
> what the minimal version would be. I can't promise a timeframe for this, as
> I'm defintely at-or-past capacity already.

I don't know how much time I can contribute to this, but I really like the
idea. When I prepared materials for the Chicago workshop, I tried to make
the materials a little bit modular by using mediawiki templates (you can
see here <https://openhatch.org/wiki/Chicago_Python_Workshop>) but I would
like to have something more like a repo that can be forked as needed for
event-specific changes or just used directly.

I think a number of people have already got the materials in github so we
are almost there?

--
sheila