[Events] exit surveys

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at panix.com
Wed Feb 26 20:38:51 UTC 2014

We got about half the attendees at a hackathon in 2012 to fill out our
survey https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2012/Retrospective
. It was available for them to finish the last afternoon of the event, we
made at least one in-person announcement asking them to do it *right then*
plus my in-person personal friendly nags to individual participants, we
had in-person and IRC and Twitter reminders with a link to the survey, and
we sent reminders via email and had a link to the survey on the main
public wiki page about the event.

However the participants were mostly Wikimedians with previous experience
in the Wikimedia projects, and Wikimedians are quite accustomed to
speaking their minds (including criticism). And the participants were
mostly white men and boys. So that culture difference is also worth
noting.

Sumana Harihareswara