[Events] getting people to fill out exit surveys

Julia Evans julia at jvns.ca
Wed Feb 12 21:53:05 UTC 2014

Everyone at a Software Carpentry workshop has a red and a blue sticky note
to signal if they're having problems, and Greg has each person write a good
thing / a bad thing on the blue / red sticky notes at the end. Or something
they learned, and something that could have been better.

When I helped out at a SWC workshop with Greg he also went around the room
at the end and called on each person to say a good thing and a bad thing.

The sticky note approach is great because you don't have to go do a
separate survey afterwards -- it's integrated into the workshop and
everyone does it.

(correct me if I'm wrong, Greg)

Julia