[Events] getting people to fill out exit surveys

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 20:04:32 UTC 2014

We've historically had a really hard time getting people to fill out exit
surveys.  This is a problem, as it's one of only a few ways we have of
finding out how events go and how to improve them.

What do folks recommend?  Should we try to get folks to fill out surveys at
the event, rather than afterwards?  (Maybe we could frame it as an open
source contribution?)  Should we build in time for exit surveys during the
event?  Offer prizes/rewards/stickers/thank yous for filling it out?  Is
there language we could use to express how very much we would like people
to complete it?