[Events] git workshop in Chicago in January or February

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Nov 22 14:17:27 UTC 2013

I will be happy to have you helping. Molly from Chicago Women Developers
asked me to teach the class at one of their Thursday hack nights. The
typical attendance rate at the hack nights is manageable for two people .
Ideally I'd like a few more intermediate to expert friends to help everyone
there, but I think we will be okay if we don't find them. But perhaps git
will be so popular that attendance will spike.

We were thinking January or February. Molly and I agreed to help a friend
teach an intro NetLogo class in January and I don't want to over commit
myself, so I might be more inclined to do things in February. But, Molly's
group has space at 1871 on Thursdays, so we don't have to do a lot of work
to find a space and sponsors. That reduces the amount of work and so even
January might be doable.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM, David Eads <davideads at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be interested. I've done quite a few git workshops over the past year.
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Are any of you interested in helping with a short hack-night type of
> class
> > in Chicago to introduce people to git? I volunteered to teach it if I
> could
> > find help. I'd like someone with more advanced git skills to teach with
> me.
> >
> > If I don't find someone, perhaps I could have volunteers on irc to help?
> >
> > I'm going to look at the materials used in OSCTC and some other place to
> put
> > together lesson plans.
> >
> > --
> > sheila

> --
> David Eads - 773.354.2285
> News applications developer, Chicago Tribune
> (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/data/)
> Founder, FreeGeek Chicago (http://freegeekchicago.org)
>
> "Medical statistics will be our standard of measurement: we will weigh
> life for life and see where the dead lie thicker, among the workers or
> among the privileged." -- Rudolf Virchow

sheila