[Events] Software Carpentry events - status & TODOs

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Thu May 30 19:45:21 UTC 2013

http://software-carpentry.org/blog/2013/05/where-we-are.html

http://software-carpentry.org/blog/2013/05/planning-for-the-break.html

People who run OH events may like to read this. One bit that intrigued
me: "Learners come to us with a very wide range of prior knowledge and
abilities, and as a result, we figure that 20% are bored and 20% are
lost at any time. We'd like to start offering separate boot camps for
complete novices and can-already-kind-of-program people, but we can't
rely on them to self-assess their ability (they don't know what they
don't know), and if we give them any kind of proficiency test, it scares
away the ones with weaker skills who need us most."
--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager