[Events] Draft blog post about OpenHatch-affiliated events

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu May 16 00:01:29 UTC 2013

Hi all!

A few months ago, I put together a small initiative (as in, a wiki page)
to encourage outreach events that emphasize clear outreach goals,
measurable results, reflection, and iterative improvement to call
themselves OpenHatch affilated events. (The wiki page is here:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Events/Affiliated )

I asked a few inividual organizers for feedback on the idea, and got some
excitement, so I figure I'll not only keep the wiki page online, but write
a blog post about it.

I wanted to share that with y'all here first, in case you had any
questions or feeback that could improve the idea generally, or the blog
post specifically!

You can preview the post here: http://htmlpad.org/affiliated-events/

If this seems okay, I'll send it to the publicity mailing list for typo
checks and other sanity checking and then hopefully have it live on the
OpenHatch blog by Friday.

Yours,