[Events] Introduction : Loic Dachary & Upstream University

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Sun Jul 28 10:45:42 UTC 2013

Hi OpenHatch :-)

As suggested by Asheesh, here is a short mail about Upstream University and myself.

Upstream University ( http://upstream-university.org/ ) is a training program to help people ( developers mostly ) improve their Free Software contribution skills. Although very similar in spirit to what OpenHatch provides, it is implemented with a few key differences. The most prominent being the online mentoring program that follows the live training.

This is my hobby ( quite time consuming ;-) and it has been an immense pleasure to work for Upstream University with great teachers and talented students in the past year ( it was funded in April 2012 ). My day job is to contribute to http://ceph.com/, a Free Software distributed storage system written in C++.

My hope is that we'll see more cooperation between OpenHatch and Upstream University and the meeting we had with Asheesh during OSCON make me very optimistic :-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.