[Events] economic diversity

Larissa Shapiro larissas at isc.org
Wed Jan 30 15:00:47 UTC 2013

I want to agree whoheartedly with what David said, I am coming at this from other contexts (some local, like "tutoring" high school students in oakland and some international (bur some of the lessons hold up)

I want to add that there may be existing groups promoting work skills in these communities ( like our local womens shelter does job training and Ive done *Office skills labs for them off and on over the years as well as helped them with some web stuff). Sometimes good synergy occurs there. The transitional housing place, the drop in center, the boys and girls club, the senior day center... all potential places to find impact I think.

Larissa