[Events] Columbus Python Worskhop 1 report

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:42:24 UTC 2013

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for sharing this writeup, and congratulations!

> As for using IPython Notebook, it's definitely promising and I want to keep
> using it

I'm very interested in this experiment, so please keep us in the loop
about how this goes!

For my PyCon intro to Python tutorial I am experimenting with custom
exercises on Codecademy.com as an alternative to CodingBat, since we
don't have time to get to writing functions and that's a prerequisite
for CodingBat. It is more work to construct exercises, but the
interface for students is nicer.

> The most important thing was that everybody had a great time - me most of
> all, I think!

:) If the PSF can help with any future events, let me know.

Regards,
-Jessica