[Events] guidelines for planning and running a sprint?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sat Feb 23 13:51:17 UTC 2013

Here is a followup in case it helps other people.

The opendatadata hackathon how-to guide is really nice! I think it has
a lot of logistics advice that will help for sprint planning. Do any
of you have thoughts on things that will be different in the case of
sprints? The pycon sprints are 4 days.

<https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B-243ski8vJiOHoxTlV0b0FBcjg/edit?usp=sharing&docId=182h9L2kIoO0O4iAvubHtAjRHgGoXebNVLy1h__hpL_8>

For the pycon sprint I was asked to help with, I started a wiki page
<https://github.com/codersquid/openscienceframework/wiki/Pycon-Sprint-Ideas>.
I don't have complete consensus on what should be done during the
sprint, so I haven't moved that content to the pycon wiki yet.

Based on the hackathon page, should we have a section that gives a
rough outline for the day and also introduce the people each day who
are taking on sprint roles?

This is the first sprint I've helped with, so I would like to know if
I'm over-thinking it and over-preparing for it. I want to be prepared,
and I also want to make sure I'm not going to be giving an impression
to the people who show up that the sprint is rigid and they have no
choices.

--
sheila