[Events] Can you help teach open source to UMass Amherst students, this Sun 4/14?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Apr 11 22:16:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We had some staffers drop out, so we use some extra help at this weekend's
Open Source Comes to Campus event at UMass Amherst. I'm planning on
driving from Somerville/Cambridge, Sun morning and returning Sun evening,
and if it helps, can help carry you along too.

The way these events work is some lecture and exercises in the morning,
and we have the lectures pretty set; but students will need help with the
exercises, so you as a TA can help with that.

Additionally, during the afternoon, we *especially* can use help as
students attempt their first contributions to open source projects. People
will all ranges of experience are helpful here, and we especially would
love to hear from people who have some experience as generalist software
people, building and using a variety of software. (There's usually a bunch
of diversity in what sorts of projects people work on.)

It is short notice; my apologies for that. You can see our signup page
here <http://umass.openhatch.org/>.

Let me know if you can make it!