[Events] Thoughts about evaluation metrics for open source comes to campus

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Thu Oct 11 22:17:15 UTC 2012

<quote who="Karen Rustad" date="Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 01:11:53PM -0700">
> There's something perverse about having to hamstring your impact (by
> turning away interested attendees) for the sake of Science.

Oh, I don't think you should!

> Especially given that I'm pretty sure none of our campus events
> other than UPenn reached capacity. (The Python workshops are a
> different story, of course.)

Asheesh and I were talking about oversubscribed events. If that's not
an issue -- and it would be good to try to make it not an issue --
then there are other ways to think about evaluation.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto